Austin Apartment Finder
Apartments - The New American Dream?
Apartment living is becoming more popular among households who could otherwise afford to buy a home according to the NMHC
- it appears the pendulum is swinging back to favor apartment living. Today 15% of households rent an apartment in a building with 5 or more units.
- Additonally the number of apartment renters is growing.
- In 2000, the number of people who rented apartments in buildings with five (5) or more units was up 2.4 percent, while the total number of households grew just 1.3 %
- households are part of a growing number who now choose to rent an apartment for lifestyle - not economic reasons.
- Nearly 40 per cent of renters surveyed by Fannie Mae in 2009 said that buying a home was not an important priority or not a priority at all.
- Why the sudden interest in apartment living?
- Changing demographics, evolving lifestyles and changes in the apartment industry are working together to increase apartment demand,