Do you need to prelease an apartment in Austin to be ready when you get here?
We are experienced in helping people do just that. We will advise you on the
- Local apartment communities,
- Even show you photos & floor plans
- This way you can feel comfortable with your decision and secure in your move without an expensive house hunting trip.
Just ask us how.
Austin apartment locators
Austin TX Apartment Locator
Austin Apartments for rent in Austin, Round Rock & Cedar Park, TX
Austin apartment locator
A. Can you send me a list of apartments in Austin?
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a true updated list of available Austin apartment rentals. There are 1000's of apartments, rental management and private owners in town, without an MLS type system. Which is why we exist - because it IS an overwhelming task to do it yourself. Therefore we have no correlated list available that we can send you. You can always check our website for an updated selection (but it only lists a small percentage of what available apartments in Austin we have) . Anyone who says they have a list of apartments actually has a limited database of the units - the ones that will work with them on a smaller commission when they "send" you to apartments on that list, without checking availability - MOST OF WHICH DO NOT HAVE AVAILABILITY OF UNITS MEETING YOUR CRITERIA.
The main reason a list wouldn't help you is that it doesn't show what is available! Availability of units for a particular price, area, etc. literally change daily. Our job is to do the legwork for you, and find the best ones available using your criteria so you can pick from the top ones. Otherwise, you might as well use the yellow pages as a "list". We are full service professional real estate agents, like Realtors
Q. How else can you help me?
We can advise you on all aspects of your search, and find those "hard to find" properties that have:
- Unique Floorplans - roommate plans, extra closet space,
- New Luxury properties, gated, energy efficient fitness areas, wi-fi
- Specific amenities - dog parks, townhome style, condo specs, garages, Gas cooking,
- Unique Units or exteriors - lofts, townhouses, & even yards
- Big dog (or multiple dog) pet friendly communities including breed specific policies
- Move-in Specials - $99 move-in , one half, 1 month, even 2 months Free
- Bus lines, estimated commuting times, maps
- Pre-leases and waiting list
- Short Term leases (and the ones with the smallest upcharges)
- Special issues - damaged credit, broken leases, foreclosures
Q. Why are there no addresses listed in your ads?
A. In order to receive credit for leasing the property, we have to show you the property. In order to give you the most choices, we work all open listings, not just ours.(we work with well over 95% of the complexes in town) In some cases, we can meet you at the property to make it easy on you. Or in some situations (like a long distance, sight unseen rental) , register you ahead of time, so we would not have to be there, but we have to arrange this before you look at the property.
“We are dedicated to delivering exemplary service while providing our customers with essential information and resources to make informed relocation decisions in choosing a quality apartment environment.”
Our mission is to be your full-service, one-stop source for finding the best rental at tremendous savings and making your next move simple and hassle-free. Our goal is to save you time, money, and frustration while providing the best possible service from HomePlace specialists.
Austin TX Apartment Locator
Current News Articles
Downtown Austin apartment rents rise, vacancy up and a flood of units is on the way
- Expect the depth and stability of the luxury downtown apartment market to be tested in the next few months.
- The latest apartment survey published by Austin Investors Interests LLC indicates vacancies are growing substantially in that particular market segment. New deliveries have pushed occupancy to 82 percent in the urban core, compared to 90 percent last quarter.
- In the past 12 months about 2,341 luxury units have delivered in a four-mile radius of downtown and more than double that are under construction in the same area.
- "How will the impact of another 5,800 units affect this downtown area?"
- Average price per square foot of new build in the urban core is anywhere from $1.73 per square foot to $3.16 per square foot.
- "For now it seems the true demand is in the more affordably priced Class B and C units that are averaging around $1.23 per square foot," the report states.
- Investors in older product are taking advantage of demand by creating more appealing, renovated units.
- "Over a third of the market has or is upgrading to at least faux wood floors, two-inch blinds, brushed nickel hardware, new appliances, ceiling fans, granite counters, paint, hardware and lights. The expense seems to be paying off," the report states.
- The next several months will be very telling about developers' decisions to flood the market with expensive units.
- "The wildcard is the new product with the excessive price point," the report states.
- Average rent across Austin market is $1.31 per square foot, about 6 percent more than a year ago.
- The highest rents are in the Central Business District where the average across all product types is $2.52 per square foot, an increase of 2.2 percent from a year ago.
- The overall occupancy rate for apartment communities that are stabilized (usually open for more than a year) is 93.6 percent.
- Two submarkets in specific categories are posting 100 percent occupancy: Class B product in Bastrop and Class C product in Cedar Park and Leander.
- Concessions, such as free rent for several weeks, are returning to the market, mostly among new apartment communities downtown.
- About 2,615 new apartment units delivered across the market in 2Q 2015. About 12,080 units are scheduled to deliver in the next year.
4th Quarter 2014 Austin Apartment Trends
Effective Rent $1,087
Annual Job Change 28,600 jobs
Annual Permits 9,484 units
Annual Demand 8,868 units
Annual Completions 12,115 units
4th Quarter 2014 Austin Performance Highlights
- The Austin metro has been a national leader for economic growth for more than two years.
- Broad-based economic gains combined with the metro’s already favorable demographics have fueled demand for housing, which has generated strong revenue growth for the apartment sector, strengthened fundamentals and led to elevated levels of apartment development.
- Occupancy has hovered around the 95% mark for over three years.
- With tight occupancy, apartment operators have pushed rents, but rent growth levels dipped a bit in 2014 in response to a growing amount of completions and notable construction pipeline.
- Effective rents increased 3.6% in 2014 – a solid rate, but meaningfully lower than the 4.8% hike in 2013.
- Driving the recent slowdown was softness in the top-end of the market.
- For example, Class A product saw a mere 1.9% rent increase during 2014, compared to a 4.8% gain recorded in Class B assets during the same time.
- At this point in the cycle, a continued point of strength remains in the middle market.
- However, the question remains whether the overall market can hold up against growing supply volumes.
What changed this quarter?
- Quarterly apartment demand in Austin showed seasonal weakness during 2014’s 4th quarter, as 802 units were absorbed.
- Meanwhile, new supply easily outpaced net demand, which led to a 1.1-point decline in the overall occupancy rate.
- In response, operators cut effective rents 0.4% quarter-over-quarter, the first quarterly decline since 4th quarter 2012.
ALN METRO SUMMARY
TX - Austin
OVERALL MARKET STABILIZED PROPERTIES
OCCUPANCY CHANGE EFFECTIVE RENT %CHG OCCUPANCY CHANGE EFFECTIVE RENT %CHG
Mar-13 Mar-14 bps %CHG Mar-13 Mar-14 Mar-13 Mar-14 bps %CHG Mar-13 Mar-14
94.3% 91.8% -250 -2.7% $953 $1,031 8.2% 94.9% 94.9% 0 0.0% $945 $1,001 5.9%
Sept 13 Sept 14 bps %CHG Sept 13 Sept 14 Sept 13 Sept 14 bps %CHG Sept 13 Sept 14
94.4% 93.5% -89 -0.9% $1,009 $1,084 7.4% 95.3% 95.4% 10 0.1% $997 $1,047 5.0%
Austin Texas Apartment Market Report
2014 Austin Apartment Trends
- Annual Job Change 31,000 jobs
- Annual Permits 9,322 units
- Annual Demand 7,886 units
- Annual Completions 8,710 units
- The Austin metro area has been a leader in the U.S. for economic growth for more than 2 years.
- Economic gains combined with Austin's already favorable demographics have fueled demand for housing which has generated strong revenue growth in the apartment sector.
- Occupancy has hovered around the 95% mark for three years.
- With such tight occupancy, apartment operators have pushed rents around 4% to 7% annually for 13 straight QTRs.
- A point of strength for the apartment market so far has been middle & lower end units that generally benefit from economic growth but don’t compete with apartment development or single family sales.
- But as elevated construction levels give way to increasing supply, Austin’s apartment market likely stands to see a slowdown – especially among high end markets vulnerable to new supply.
- The question remains whether the overall market can hold up against growing supply, especially if construction activity remains high through 2015 and beyond.
What changed this quarter?
- Apartment demand in Austin surged to a 4 year high during the 2nd quarter of 2014, outperforming the 5 year high supply volume.
- Because of that, occupancy increased 0.3 points over the same quarter last year, to a solid 95.4%.
- Meanwhile, apartment operators pushed same-store rents 1.4% during the 2nd quarter of 2014
Historical Data on Renting in Central Texas
* Note: Current rents recently surpassed the previous highest rents in Austin (in June 2000)
Quoted Rents are for 2-bedroom, 2-bath units. Occupancy rates are for all apartments.
Date Average rent Occupancy rate
June 2000 $913 98%
June 2001 $951 93%
June 2002 $868 90%
June 2003 $812 88%
June 2004 $784 89%
June 2005 $811 93%
June 2006 $861 95%
June 2007 $900 93%
June 2008 $905 92%
Feb 2009 $870 88%
March 2009 $824 87%
March 2010 $850 91%
August 2010 $874 94%
May 2011 $890 95%
December 2011 $898 95%
June 2012 *$953 95.6% (*finally surpassing the average rent in June 2000- 12 years prior)
November 2013 $1007 96.0%
March 2014 $1031 91.8%
February 2015 $1087 94.6%
*per MPF Research
Wave of apartment development on the way
Austin's sizzling apartment market is prompting developers to race to the starting gate with new projects. The development plans come as apartment rents have hit record highs and the occupancy rate has jumped to 96%.
Call anytime including
evenings and weekends
Residential rental locators are required by law to be licensed by the Texas Real Estate Commission (P.O. Box 12188, Austin, Texas 78711-2188 1-800.250.8732 or 512.465.3960
Apartment Locators may advertise units in general terms, and all units may not have the same features. The amount of rent quoted may be the starting rent for a basic unit.
Absolutely the best locators!
Wow, I had no idea that they were a free service....I stopped in because I was curious, I had been looking on my own, I left with a much better deal in a better location, I highly recommend Home Place!
Good Service, found me a super deal
Don - Nov, 2008
they found me a brand new apartment in my price range with the first two months free. I will use them again next time I need an apartment locator,
Grrreat Service! VERY Pleased!
By MC -
I had been to other apartment locators in the past, which is why I was so nicely suprised by the service here, I walked in without an appointment and was helped right away! I located them on google maps but when I found the place it said Apartment Search above the building, I went in and they found me a great deal on an apartment there at Apartments here! I would reccomend then to anyone!
MC & Dawn McRight
"I can't thank you enough for your help on Saturday. I really appreciate the time that you spent with my father and I. Please know that when it comes time for me to look into buying a house, I will let you know so that way I can continue to work with you. " Thank you .
Taylor Caranfa is great. Customer service is #1 she is Relentless at finding us the most convenient apartment for the morning commute. It takes 10 minutes to get to work and its a beautiful thing. Taylor continued to call ahead and set up appointments for places that fit our requirements. It was a pleasure working with a knowledgeable customer oriented friendly locator. Thanks Taylor
By padge -
great place, signed up on their web site and with in hours, I received a call from their office. gave them what we were looking for and our price range. they did all the leg work and found us a great deal with a move in special. I used a few other apartment locators here in Austin, and home place was the only one who seemed like they wanted to help. I will defiantly use them for my next move.
OUR LICENSED TEXAS REAL ESTATE AGENTS WILL SAVE YOU HOURS OR DAYS OF APARTMENT HUNTING! FREE!
Most sites are automated sites with either individual apartment complexes sprinkled around town or a very limited number managed by just one management company.
It is virtually impossible for you to sift through 300-500 apartment complexes, emailing & calling to find real time prices, availability and ones whose policies match your particular circumstances.
CUSTOMIZED ONE-TO-ONE SEARCH with our agents spending HOURS working just for you & escorting you to the properties if necessary.- We know the policies, qualifying criteria, amenities, & the "ins and outs" of apartment locating.
We DO give real help on current prices, specials & availability and perform all the duties of a real estate agent
We are NOT just an automated "do it yourself" "searchable" database
COMPUTERIZED DATABASE of over 150,000 apartments
LOCAL FULL SERVICE real estate company providing a
totally FREE service
UNADVERTISED SPECIALS We recieve emails and faxes every day with limited time (even daily) special prices, deposits, etc
Get FREE Help from
We provide a totally FREE apartment locator service
by licensed Texas real estate agents. Our database has over 150,000 Austin apartments, townhouses,condos & lofts
1/1s from $1049, 2/2s from $1318
(prices subject to change)
Feed the deer from these Condo-spec Garden apt homes. Panoramic Texas Hill Country & wooded canyon views available soundproofing. Pet friendly community, Gas cooking,
Pillars of the Industry Award for Best Garden Apartment Development in the U.S awarded by the National Council of Multifamily Housing Industry
Featured Arboretum Garden Condos
from only $885/mo
Brand New! Granite countertops, Hardwoods
Brand New Condos on private lake
, Gas Cooking, Walking trail, wet & dry saunas
Call today for your FREE personalized apartment search Today
Call anytime including up to 9:00 PM in the evenings and weekends
Austin Apartment Association News
$1175 3/3 TOWNHOME 1488-1618sf
New limited time lower prices!
from $665 422-476 sqft Studio w/ pull down Murphy bed
$765 -$839 744 sqft 1 Bedrooms
$989-1075 1350-1380 sqft 2/2.5 TownHomes
$1175 3/3 TOWNHOME 1488-1618sf
$1225 3/3 flat 1588-1618 sf