Do you need to prelease an apartment in Austin to be ready when you get here?
We are experienced in helping people do just that. We will advise you on the
- Local apartment communities,
- Even show you photos & floor plans
- This way you can feel comfortable with your decision and secure in your move without an expensive house hunting trip.
Just ask us how.
Austin apartment locators
Austin TX Apartment Locator
Austin Apartments for rent in Austin, Round Rock & Cedar Park, TX
Austin apartment locator
A. Can you send me a list of apartments in Austin?
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a true updated list of available Austin apartment rentals. There are 1000's of apartments, rental management and private owners in town, without an MLS type system. Which is why we exist - because it IS an overwhelming task to do it yourself. Therefore we have no correlated list available that we can send you. You can always check our website for an updated selection (but it only lists a small percentage of what available apartments in Austin we have) . Anyone who says they have a list of apartments actually has a limited database of the units - the ones that will work with them on a smaller commission when they "send" you to apartments on that list, without checking availability - MOST OF WHICH DO NOT HAVE AVAILABILITY OF UNITS MEETING YOUR CRITERIA.
The main reason a list wouldn't help you is that it doesn't show what is available! Availability of units for a particular price, area, etc. literally change daily. Our job is to do the legwork for you, and find the best ones available using your criteria so you can pick from the top ones. Otherwise, you might as well use the yellow pages as a "list". We are full service professional real estate agents, like Realtors
Q. How else can you help me?
We can advise you on all aspects of your search, and find those "hard to find" properties that have:
- Unique Floorplans - roommate plans, extra closet space,
- New Luxury properties, gated, energy efficient fitness areas, wi-fi
- Specific amenities - dog parks, townhome style, condo specs, garages, Gas cooking,
- Unique Units or exteriors - lofts, townhouses, & even yards
- Big dog (or multiple dog) pet friendly communities including breed specific policies
- Move-in Specials - $99 move-in , one half, 1 month, even 2 months Free
- Bus lines, estimated commuting times, maps
- Pre-leases and waiting list
- Short Term leases (and the ones with the smallest upcharges)
- Special issues - damaged credit, broken leases, foreclosures
Q. Why are there no addresses listed in your ads?
A. In order to receive credit for leasing the property, we have to show you the property. In order to give you the most choices, we work all open listings, not just ours.(we work with well over 95% of the complexes in town) In some cases, we can meet you at the property to make it easy on you. Or in some situations (like a long distance, sight unseen rental) , register you ahead of time, so we would not have to be there, but we have to arrange this before you look at the property.
“We are dedicated to delivering exemplary service while providing our customers with essential information and resources to make informed relocation decisions in choosing a quality apartment environment.”
Our mission is to be your full-service, one-stop source for finding the best rental at tremendous savings and making your next move simple and hassle-free. Our goal is to save you time, money, and frustration while providing the best possible service from HomePlace specialists.
Austin TX Apartment Locator
Current News Articles
ALN - First Quarter, 2014 Austin Occupancy rates, rents, trends
Some of the hotter markets like Austin and Dallas-Ft. Worth in 2013 experienced a chill at the end of the year.
Austin has been a red hot market the last few years, so a cooling off was due. In the first 9 months of 2013 Austin absorbed 5000 units. However in the 4th quarter of 2013 Austin had a net absorption of -100 units and also added a net 600 units to the market, dropping overall occupancy in the market to 92.8% by the end of 2014. The 1st quarter of 2014 saw another 1200 units added to the market and a net loss of 400 rented units, bringing overall occupancy down another percentage point to 91.8% by the end of the quarter. Effective rents however, continue to rise. Effective rents rose 1.5% in the quarter to $1031 per unit, which is a sizable increase of 8.2% from a year earlier
ALN METRO SUMMARY
TX - Austin
OVERALL MARKET STABILIZED PROPERTIES
OCCUPANCY CHANGE EFFECTIVE RENT %CHG OCCUPANCY CHANGE EFFECTIVE RENT %CHG
Mar-13 Mar-14 bps %CHG Mar-13 Mar-14 Mar-13 Mar-14 bps %CHG Mar-13 Mar-14
94.3% 91.8% -250 -2.7% $953 $1,031 8.2% 94.9% 94.9% 0 0.0% $945 $1,001 5.9%
Sept 13 Sept 14 bps %CHG Sept 13 Sept 14 Sept 13 Sept 14 bps %CHG Sept 13 Sept 14
94.4% 93.5% -89 -0.9% $1,009 $1,084 7.4% 95.3% 95.4% 10 0.1% $997 $1,047 5.0%
Austin Texas Apartment Market Report
2nd Quarter 2014 Austin Apartment Trends
- Annual Job Change 31,000 jobs
- Annual Permits 9,322 units
- Annual Demand 7,886 units
- Annual Completions 8,710 units
- The Austin metro area has been a leader in the U.S. for economic growth for more than 2 years.
- Economic gains combined with Austin's already favorable demographics have fueled demand for housing which has generated strong revenue growth in the apartment sector.
- Occupancy has hovered around the 95% mark for three years.
- With such tight occupancy, apartment operators have pushed rents around 4% to 7% annually for 13 straight QTRs.
- A point of strength for the apartment market so far has been middle & lower end units that generally benefit from economic growth but don’t compete with apartment development or single family sales.
- But as elevated construction levels give way to increasing supply, Austin’s apartment market likely stands to see a slowdown – especially among high end markets vulnerable to new supply.
- The question remains whether the overall market can hold up against growing supply, especially if construction activity remains high through 2015 and beyond.
What changed this quarter?
- Apartment demand in Austin surged to a 4 year high during the 2nd quarter of 2014, outperforming the 5 year high supply volume.
- Because of that, occupancy increased 0.3 points over the same quarter last year, to a solid 95.4%.
- Meanwhile, apartment operators pushed same-store rents 1.4% during the 2nd quarter of 2014
ENDEAVOR UNVEILS NEW DOWNTOWN AUSTIN ENDEAVOR
There's been no shortage of new projects in downtown Austin lately, and Endeavor Real Estate Group has released details about another..
- The local firm said it has lined up the equity and is partnering with Lynd Co. to develop a 36-story tower near West Fifth and Bowie Streets.
- The developers plan to break ground in September. The first of the apartments are slated to be completed by 3rd quarter 2014.
- Plans for the building, dubbed 3 eleven Bowie, call for 358 apartment units, as well as 42,000 sf of office and 3,000 sf of retail space.
FLOOR PLAN BREAKDOWN
% of Mkt Avg SqFt Ave Eff.Rent/Mo
Eff 2.5% 425 $693
1 BR 46.3% 686 $803
1 DEN 3.4% 885 $948
2 BR 37.0% 1,005 $1,123
2 DEN 1.4% 1,132 $1,214
3 BR 7.1% 1,239 $1,350
>3 BR 2.3% 1,342 $1,660
Historical Data on Renting in Central Texas
* Note: Current rents recently surpassed the previous highest rents in Austin (in June 2000)
Quoted Rents are for 2-bedroom, 2-bath units. Occupancy rates are for all apartments.
Date Average rent Occupancy rate
June 2000 $913 98%
June 2001 $951 93%
June 2002 $868 90%
June 2003 $812 88%
June 2004 $784 89%
June 2005 $811 93%
June 2006 $861 95%
June 2007 $900 93%
June 2008 $905 92%
Feb 2009 $870 88%
March 2009 $824 87%
March 2010 $850 91%
August 2010 $874 94%
May 2011 $890 95%
December 2011 $898 95%
June 2012 $953 *95.6%
November 2013 $1007 96.0%
March 2014 $1031 91.8%
*per MPF Research
Wave of apartment development on the way
Austin's sizzling apartment market is prompting developers to race to the starting gate with new projects. The development plans come as apartment rents have hit record highs and the occupancy rate has jumped to 96%.
Call anytime including
evenings and weekends
Residential rental locators are required by law to be licensed by the Texas Real Estate Commission (P.O. Box 12188, Austin, Texas 78711-2188 1-800.250.8732 or 512.465.3960
Apartment Locators may advertise units in general terms, and all units may not have the same features. The amount of rent quoted may be the starting rent for a basic unit.
Absolutely the best locators!
Wow, I had no idea that they were a free service....I stopped in because I was curious, I had been looking on my own, I left with a much better deal in a better location, I highly recommend Home Place!
Good Service, found me a super deal
Don - Nov, 2008
they found me a brand new apartment in my price range with the first two months free. I will use them again next time I need an apartment locator,
Grrreat Service! VERY Pleased!
By MC -
I had been to other apartment locators in the past, which is why I was so nicely suprised by the service here, I walked in without an appointment and was helped right away! I located them on google maps but when I found the place it said Apartment Search above the building, I went in and they found me a great deal on an apartment there at Apartments here! I would reccomend then to anyone!
MC & Dawn McRight
"I can't thank you enough for your help on Saturday. I really appreciate the time that you spent with my father and I. Please know that when it comes time for me to look into buying a house, I will let you know so that way I can continue to work with you. " Thank you .
Taylor Caranfa is great. Customer service is #1 she is Relentless at finding us the most convenient apartment for the morning commute. It takes 10 minutes to get to work and its a beautiful thing. Taylor continued to call ahead and set up appointments for places that fit our requirements. It was a pleasure working with a knowledgeable customer oriented friendly locator. Thanks Taylor
By padge -
great place, signed up on their web site and with in hours, I received a call from their office. gave them what we were looking for and our price range. they did all the leg work and found us a great deal with a move in special. I used a few other apartment locators here in Austin, and home place was the only one who seemed like they wanted to help. I will defiantly use them for my next move.
UNADVERTISED SPECIALS, with current prices, floor plans and UP TO DATE AVAILABILITY
COMPUTERIZED SEARCHABLE DATABASE of virtually all apartments for rent in Austin.
LOCAL, FULL SERVICE real estate company with licensed Texas real estate professionals.
CUSTOMIZED ONE-TO-ONE SEARCH with our licensed Texas real estate agents spending HOURS working just for you.
We are NOT just an automated "do it yourself" "searchable" database with a limited number of properties - We DO give real help on current prices, specials & availability. and perform all the duties of a real estate agent
We work with issues like damaged credit, limited funds for deposits, big dogs, aggressive breeds or multiple pets, and FREE 1st month's rent, etc
We know the policies, qualifying criteria, amenities, & the "ins and outs" of apartment finding and will save you hours of searching.
Get FREE Help from
We provide a totally FREE locator service by licensed Texas real estate agents. Our database has over 190,000 Austin apartments, townhouses,condos & lofts
We save our customers an average of $600 on apartments in Austin
1/1s from $1032, 2/2s from $1229
(prices subject to change)
Feed the deer from these Condo-spec Garden apt homes. Panoramic Texas Hill Country & wooded canyon views available soundproofing. Pet friendly community, Gas cooking,
Pillars of the Industry Award for Best Garden Apartment Development in the U.S awarded by the National Council of Multifamily Housing Industry
Featured Arboretum Garden Condos
from only $895/mo
Brand New! Granite countertops, Hardwoods
Brand New Condos on private lake
, Gas Cooking, Walking trail, wet & dry saunas
BRAND NEW property Southwest
Enjoy a brand new, never living in unit!
- 1 bedrooms from the mid $900s
- Fantasic SW location by Lake Travis and gold courses
Call today for your FREE personalized apartment search Today
Call anytime including
up to 9:00 PM in the evenings
12518 Research Blvd
@ Oak Knoll
in the Oak Knoll Shopping Center
Austin, TX 78759
Austin Apartment Association News
AAA PAC Fall Golf Classic
Join us October 10 at Falconhead Golf Course for the AAAPAC Golf Classic to celebrate 50 years of the Austin Apartment Association and support the legislative health of the multi-family rental housing industry.